SOCIAL TONIGHT 6PM-8PM AT GALWAYS-- AND BOARD NOMINATIONS
ANNUAL BOARD ELECTIONS — A NOTE FROM THE SECRETARY
Hats off to all of us for another great year.
Our club is governed by all of us—its members. Each year we elect 7 of us to be members of the Executive Board of Directors, who commit for the year to contribute their time by filling the roles as described at the bottom of this email blast and, in greater detail, in the bylaws found on our website. Each elected member serves for a period of one Club fiscal year, between December 1 and November 30.
We are all volunteers. There are many ways any and all of us keep it running—the ride Leaders without which day trips and weekend trips would not happen; the folks who volunteer to table at bike community events, everyone who encourages their friends or neighbors to ride with us, serving on the Executive Board and those who volunteer to take on non-Executive Board tasks for the year, to be our Communications or the Website Coordinators or on a one-off basis—to help with holiday party, for example.
We encourage you all to take ownership of your Club—to run for office, become Leaders, to lead rides, to reach out to any of the Board members to offer your time or resources (for example, free meeting areas)
Under the bylaws, which are listed on the 5BBC website, the Nominating Committee presents the slate of candidates at or before the 6PM-8pm October 19th Member Meeting at Galway Pub, 7 East 36th Street | New York, NY 10016 (212-725-2353 | www.galwaypubnyc.com). The slate of candidates I have received is listed below. Anyone else may nominate themselves or anyone else by doing so at the meeting or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The site and mechanisms for voting online will be announced on the 5BBC website in the days following the October meeting. Results will be announced at the end of the 6PM-8PM Novermber 9th Member Meeting, again, at Galway Pub, 7 East 36th Street | New York, NY 10016 (212-725-2353 | www.galwaypubnyc.com).
We hope to see all of you at the Holiday Party on December 18th, at Dinosaur BBQ.
Andrea M Mercado
Secretary and for the Nominations Committee
Candidate Slate for 2016
President – Shawn Carney
Vice President – Andrea Casertano
Treasurer – Elizabeth Peters
Secretary – Andrea M Mercado
Daytrips Coordinator – Bill Mastro
Leadership Training – Ed Sobin
Membership Coordinator – Mark Guralnick & David Meltzer (jointly)
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARD MEMBERSHIP AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS.
Meetings -- least six times per year, by telephone or in person
- The President presides at all meetings and is the Club’s CEO.
- The Vice-President assumes the President’s office in the absence of the President and may head specific projects or oversee specific activities.
- The Secretary keeps Board meeting minutes the Executive Board and the Executive Council and posts summary minutes on the Club webcite, and is responsible for general Club correspondence.
- The Treasurer directs Club’s finances and prepares periodic financial statements, prepares and oversee the annual budget, receive and deposit collected dues, account for all funds received or disbursed by the Club, prepare reports of receipts and expenditures, maintain an inventory and listing of Club assets, coordinate insurance coverage, and coordinate the filing of the Club’s tax returns.
- The Membership Coordinator promotes membership in the Club, coordinates with outside organizations on membership related matters, responds to member inquires.
- The Rides Coordinator coordinates all Club ride scheduling, be they day trips, weekend trips or other rides.
- The Leadership Coordinator organizes the leadership training course, assists new Leaders in the process of leading rides, promotes bicycle safety and maintains ride Leader lists
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BOARD REQUIREMENTS:
Note that responsibility for any Director, Officer or Coordinator position may be shared by two persons, who for election purposes run as a joint team to fill the position. The President, Vice-President, Rides Coordinator, and Leadership Training Coordinator must be Club ride Leaders. No person shall take office as President or Treasurer unless he or she has been a Club Member for at least two years or has been a member of the Executive Board for at least six months. The President may serve for no more than three (3) consecutive terms.