Log-in is required to access the PDF edition of the club newsletter and other members-only content.
When you click the newsletter link on the For Members Only page, you are prompted for a username and password. Your username is your email address, converted to ALL LOWER CASE (oops, that should be "all lower case") that you gave to the Club when you signed up for the 5BBC weekly emails. Your password is your member number.
If your username and password are accepted, the newsletter is downloaded. Depending on how your browser is configured, it is displayed in your browser, or in a separate application such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, or is saved to a folder on your computer's hard drive. If the newsletter is saved, you open the folder and double-click to view it.
Downloading the newsletter is a privilege for members only. You are welcome to print out the newsletter and give it to someone else, but we ask that you do not pass around the electronic copy or let other people use your username and password to download the newsletter.
- If you don't already have an application to display PDF files, you can get it here.
- If you have trouble downloading the newsletter, try right-clicking
on the link for the newsletter and select "Save As..." to save the
file instead of displaying it. When the file download is finished,
try opening it up as a local file.
- If you only recently gave the Club your email address, it may
not have been added to the website login database yet. This
may take a couple of weeks. Try the login again after you receive
the next Weekly Update.
- If you recently changed your email address with the Club, and
you cannot log in using your current email address and member number,
try using your old email address as the username.
- If you have trouble logging in, make sure you have typed your
email address in all lower case letters. If you're still having
trouble, write to email@example.com.
- If you have trouble changing your password, remember that
when you click on the "change password" link, you will be asked
for your current password, then you will be prompted for the new
- Only 5BBC members who have an email address on file with the Club
are eligible for this service. To register your email address,
send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and member number.
- If you have not yet received any mailings from the Club with your
member number, or if you are otherwise unable to retrieve the
newsletter, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Return to For Members Only page